GF Sweet Potato Bread
SO, this one is for all my gluten free or dairy free friends. I miss bread - so I give you sweet potato bread. It's easy and is a great treat too!
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Flour (or another GF Flour Substitute)
-1 1/2 tsp. of Cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. of Nutmeg
-1/2 tsp. of Cloves
-1/2 tsp. of Baking Powder
-1/2 tsp. of Baking Soda
-1/4 tsp. of Salt
-1 Cup of cooked, mashed sweet potato (about 1 large or 2 small)
-4 Large Eggs
-1/3 cup of Maple Syrup
-3 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil (melted)
-1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk to combine coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk eggs. Add in mashed potatoes, syrup and coconut oil. There may be some small lumps from the sweet potato - that is okay.
4. Pour dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and stir well to combine.
5. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or knife.
6. Bake for 38-42 minutes, uncovered until it is fully cooked.
7. Allow bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack - Enjoy!